Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Game Review: Ice Age Village

wp_ss_20130507_0001

I’ll be the first to admit that I hate addictive games, but those silly “Village” style games just get to me. Ice Age Village is no exception. This has been the bane of my existence for the last 24 hours and I can’t put it down long enough to get this review posted. That said, what does Ice Age Village do for your Windows Phone? Well, how about hours of entertaining game play, for free…

wp_ss_20130507_0003

The premise is simple. It is another “Village” clone that follows Manny, Sid and Diego (plus the bevy of cast members from the newest Ice Age installment) while they create a village to save the animals. You create entertainment for them, homes and ultimately a family for each group of critters. You then branch out and find “Friends” that will help you get even more goodies for your village. It seems that most of this style of game is based on having timings set up like Farmville. Set your longer harvest collections together and check your shorter ones more often.

That said, I haven’t done a full village abandonment yet, so I don’t know what would happen long term if you stop playing. I’d assume that animals would leave and you would have to start over with limited resources, but as I said, I haven’t put this game down in 24 hours.

Ice Age Village is a free game available in the Windows Phone Store. In-App purchases are available for gaining items quicker, but don’t appear to be needed as I have a 4 star village going in just one day without the aid of any additional items.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 810
Powered by Solavei and GetSmartphones.Info

No comments:

Post a Comment