Tuesday, February 18, 2014

App Review: Notetastic

wp_ss_20140216_0002
I’m going to be the first to admit that I use OneNote a bunch on my Lumia. In fact, it is one of my “go to Apps” for storing just about anything. That said, I am always looking for a faster way to jot down a reminder or make a voice note for myself. Fortunately, I stumbled across Notetastic from Aman Ardalan.
Notetastic is about as barebones as a note taking App can get. It has an extremely small install size and doesn’t bog the system down with data syncing and backups. It features a few simple options at the bottom of the screen to take a new note and two category views at the top to view them. It is simplicity at its finest and I love that. There are no convoluted menus to scroll through to find that note I’m looking for. There’s no folders to bury things in. It is just a clean and simple format for quick notes and quick retrieval.
wp_ss_20140216_0003
Entering notes into the App is as easy as clicking the pencil or the microphone at the bottom of the screen. Clicking the pencil brings you to the standard text editing screen that everyone is familiar with from many Apps. You get to enter a subject and a note body. That’s it. Save it and store it and you are ready to move on.
wp_ss_20140216_0004
Pressing the microphone icon gets you rolling with voice notes just as quickly. It uses the standard recognition system, so accuracy for me is about 95%.
Overall, Notetastic is an App that anyone looking for a quick note taking system should look at. The Ad sponsored version is free, and it works like a charm. It doesn’t suffer from one of my irritants of the Ad’s blocking content, so I’m on board with it 100%. If you are one that needs to make those quick notes, grocery lists or even just wants a system to record some quality voice notations, check out Notetastic in the Store, you won’t be sorry.

Notetastic Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

No comments:

Post a Comment