Saturday, April 26, 2014

Game Review: Bad Traffic Speeds Away The Hours

wp_ss_20140423_0002

Bad Traffic by GreenCod Apps is one of those games that just draws you in quickly. Starting out, you see a simple four way intersection pop up on your screen. The goal, to speed up and slow down cars to make sure that they all arrive safely at their destination. The problem is, I almost immediately got bored with it. Turns out, I needed to give it a few more minutes of my time before finding out how fun and challenging this little game was going to be.

wp_ss_20140423_0003

The simple city streets quickly became 6 entry points and 5 crossing points before I knew what hit me. Then trucks and different speed cars started appearing. Within minutes, this boring tap the car and go faster game had become one where I had to watch what I was doing to avoid a crash.

wp_ss_20140423_0001

Of course even the faster levels in Bad Traffic were easy to clear at first, but after a few more minutes of speeding up and slowing down those pesky little cars, trucks and motorcycles, I had to blink again as the levels started getting a bit tougher to look at. I found that I could tap the same car two or three times to get super speed boosts and really figured out how braking worked for stopping the annoying ones that I was about to crash into.

  wp_ss_20140423_0004

Once the levels in Bad Traffic stepped it up again, I found myself strangely drawn into the game. It isn’t one that will find a permanent home on my Nokia Lumia 925 due to space issues, the 124MB download is just a bit rich for a simple title in my book, but if I had something with more storage or a MicroSD card after the 8.1 update, it might have hung on a bit longer.

Overall, Bad Traffic is a great App for those that like the action-puzzle genre of gaming. The graphics are stellar and game play is easy to figure out. The challenge of this title is completely in the speed of the game. Bad Traffic is completely worth the download and test run. The free title is available by clicking the link to head to the Store below.

Bad Traffic

No comments:

Post a Comment