Friday, September 19, 2014

Game Review: Ping Pong Masters Misses The Mark

wp_ss_20140831_0011

Ping Pong Masters by Clapfoot Inc. is one of those games that I really wanted to love, but due to some outrageous graphical glitches, I just can’t recommend to people with higher end devices. In fact, in running the game on my HTC One M8 for Windows and the Lumia 1520, I felt like I Vanelope Von Schweets from Wreck It Ralph instead of a ping pong player.

wp_ss_20140831_0012

Ping Pong Masters started out innocent enough, but then the striping on the table and the racquet became noticeable. Honestly, at first, I didn’t notice the striping as I thought it was just part of the table and paddle in an effort to give it an old school feel. After a few minutes of playing and seeing the graphics jitter, I realized that it wasn’t a built in feature, but it really was a glitch.

wp_ss_20140831_0013

After trying to play the game for a few minutes, I finally had to throw in the towel. While the game has some major potential, I won’t be revisiting it anytime soon. That said, if you are running a lower quality display, Ping Pong Masters, is quite a bit of fun and is very fast paced. I read various complaints about the micro-purchases required to play, but I just didn’t give the game long enough to get into any of that.

Overall, Ping Pong Masters is a decent game that is plagued by the new Windows Phone hardware standards being opened up. If you have an older device or a lower resolution device, check it out and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment